Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Post #5 - Web 2.0 - Easel.ly

I came across a really interesting site while perusing the AASL list of Best Websites - Easel.ly, a website to help people create infographics.  An infographic is an easy and exciting way to visualize information, and I think for special projects - like presentations, projects, and other informational documents.  With the easy drag and drop interface and assortment of interesting objects to use within the infographic itself, students will love to create their own visually appealing documents. I created one on the extremely simple topic, doggies, locatedhere.  It was very exciting to try it, and see how easily these could be done!

Viewer Comments:

ANNA BALLINGER, 3/4/2014 7:06 PM: Wow!
I have never heard of this one, Tracey!  What a cool way for students to show what the know.  It could even be used as an assessment rather than a plain old test!  Very cool- I love learning about all these cool new things to try.  By the way, I think this would be one GREAT thing students could do to present their summer reading (for those schools that do summer reading projects).
KAYLA BELK, 3/5/2014 2:12 PM: null
I had to re-read the Easel.ly twice. It looks a lot like Easley which is the city where I work. It definately was playing games with my mind.
I do love this source. It breaks the information down into easy to swallow bits of information and I am always a huge fan of anything that can include visuals. I might barrow this idea for my website. Thanks.
SOPHIA FUNDERBURK, 3/5/2014 7:25 PM: Excellent
Man! I can really see some uses for this! I have never heard of it before. I am going to jump right in and start using this one! I might start with rocks and minerals. This is our science content right now.
~Elisabeth
REBECCA LOWE, 3/5/2014 10:49 PM: Easily
I can see how they came up with their name.  This would also be a great tool to teach students about graphic organizers.  They could have fun with it, but also be learning at the same time.  Thanks for sharing!
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment